Behavioural profiling is an extremely useful tool for reviewing your own personality and behaviour, and also the needs and traits of your team members and how they can best work together. There are many types of behavioural profiling tool, but the one we at ActionCOACH use the most is the DiSC, named after the 4 personality traits it describes (dominance, influence, steadiness and conscientiousness.)
DiSC is a tried and tested method of profiling that was first developed in the 1920’s and has been improved and refined over the years. It is a tool that is used by around one million people each year to improve leadership, teamwork and communication within their businesses.
We use the DiSC process to with our clients to evaluate their teams and identify where strengths and weaknesses may be found. We also use it in the recruitment process to ensure candidates are a good fit for the role and the existing team.
DiSC profiles help you and your team:
- Increase your self-knowledge, including what motivates you and also what causes you stress;
- Understand how you may need to adapt your behaviour in order to work better as a team and minimise conflict;
- Manage more effectively by understanding the character types and priorities of other team members;
- Become more effective leaders;
- Improve customer service.
Kevin Stansfield of ActionCOACH Solent is highly-skilled DiSC trainer and practitioner, with 10 years worth of hands-on experience. We offer team review, planning and training sessions using DiSC profiling. Contact us to discuss your needs and arrange a date to get your team working more effectively!