The Recruitment Process
“Most employees are motivated, energetic, committed, enthusiastic and loyal … except for the 8 hours they work for you!” – Tom Peters – Author/Speaker
At ActionCOACH, we talk about “getting the right people on the bus” – i.e. ensuring that the people we employ have the right attitude and will fit in with our business culture and, importantly, complement the other team members. Having a happy, motivated and high-performing team is vital to your business success.
But did you know that the statistical probability of hiring the right person for the job using traditional interview techniques is just 57%?
When you think of all the time and effort it takes to advertise the role, sift through the CVs, contact the shortlisted candidates and then actually conduct the interviews, which may mean hiring a room and committing your senior staff for several hours, that is not a good level of return on your investment.
Well, there is a better way. ActionCOACH has developed a recruitment process that will vastly increase the chances of you getting the perfect person for your job, and we can help you to implement the process.
ActionCOACH’s six step recruitment process will make sure you get the right person for the job with the least amount of hassle by:
- Making sure you are very specific about both the job and the ideal candidate, so you will know exactly what you are (and what you are not) looking for;
- Preparing compelling advertising material for the position, that will appeal to your ideal candidate and make them keen to work for you;
- Looking in the right places to advertise for your ideal candidate, on order to generate the highest number of suitable applicants for you to choose from;
- Screening applicants using clear criteria and short telephone interviews, to ensure you only take forward to interview the candidates that are most suitable – your time is precious;
- Carrying out a group interview of shortlisted candidates (including use of psychometric profiling) so you can see them all together and compare them more easily;
- Closing the sale quickly and getting off to a good start!
This is the process we use to recruit our own staff and we can tell you that it works! If you need any help implementing the the process, we can guide you and can even provide you with resources to help you carry out the interviews. Just contact us for a chat about your recruitment needs!